Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I've been having some very serious issues with my right eye,

Customer Question
Hi, I've been having some...
Hi, I've been having some very serious issues with my right eye, for over 4 years now! I have a very slinky, worm-like object, that has a Head like a snake, and the body is ribbed, and segmented? The first doc said he thought it was a Entamoeba H., And rushed me to a specialist. Once there, they had conflicting diagnosis, but the older, wiser man that first saw my eye, was convinced beyond a doubt! Now it's grown so long, maybe 3 inches when stretched out, but it's wrapped over itself about 5 times. The object moves in the virtuous fluid Everytime I blink, causing it to reshape differently Everytime I blink, or move my eyes around? The worm looking object is mostly transparent, and in a greyish/beige color. It can block my line of site if the sun hits it right on, which has grown so frustrating!!! Please help me with this, and shed some light to an answer to a long awaited problem? Thank you for any help at all! Pearce
PS, I contracted this after wearing contact lenses in Costa Rica, and surfing in the rainy season. My contacts looked like they were being eaten around the edges by the cookie monster, and a black dot was in each contact!!! Help!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 day by:
1/8/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How old are you?

M/F?

Any issues with your left eye at all?

How do you know what the body looks like?

Do you see it all the time?

Does it move?

Any eye or visual problems?

What type of specialist did you see?

What tests/exams were done by the specialist?

Do you have symptoms anywhere else on/in your body?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist