Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Might safflower oil (taken as directed) help someone who is…

Customer Question
Might safflower oil (taken...

Might safflower oil (taken as directed) help someone who is a Type 1 diabetic lose weight? Would insulin interfere with the process as the oil goes through the digestive system?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Humalog insulin delivered via a pump,a lot of different otc vitamins, levothyroxine, amitiza,cevimeline (I have sjogren's syndrome.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Due to eye dryness, I also use timolol drops, an rx for dry skin--that's about it.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Holding, amazingly, I am 78 with the possibility of macro degeneration. No, I'm not at the senility stage, yet. Also, not hugely overweight, but would like to lose a few pounds (10-15).

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
1/6/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

Dr. Phil, what I am asking is whether safflower oil might be effective with weight loss. Sorry, I already see a retinologist on a regular basis. I believe this question needs to be answered by someone who is expert in both digestion and effects of insulin.Thank you

I'm an internist so perfect!

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist