Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Can an ophthalmologist see a brain tumor in the front of the…

Can an ophthalmologist see a...
Can an ophthalmologist see a brain tumor in the front of the head or eyes? Or any indication of one ? When the eyes are dilated ?
1/6/2018
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

There are many eye signs which may tell about the brain tumor;

1) Bulging of eye; optic glioma

2) Double vision; choroid plexus papilloma, germinoma, pineal cell tumor and ependymoma can cause it.

3) Frontal lobe tumors can affect eye movements.

basically a full opthamalgist eye exam. With glaucoma screening and dilating of eyes can tell them if something may be going on? I have read that the eye doctor is the first to detect tumors , and are the most that give referrals to the neurologist ? Is that true or false ?

Yes, significant number of brain tumors can be detected by eye exam. So it is true.

Brain tumors raise the intracranial pressure which is easily seen by the full eye exam by ophthalmologist.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Thank you. I have Lyme but I was unsure of the diagnose. ( I was short a ban on IGg ) but doctor diagnosed. I have pressure in the front ( like a sinus infection with no mucus ) they would of picked something up in that area on the eye exam .. vision was 20/20 ..

Yes, on the vision exam, there is an high chance, a brain tumor would have been picked up.

Thanks

You are most welcome.