Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

This morning at 3am I awoke started to focus my eyes, while…

Customer Question
This morning at 3am...

This morning at 3am I awoke started to focus my eyes, while on my elbows the room started to spin, I got scared and satup, and then it stopped. I went to the restroom came out sat down and put the tv on and thought about what I should do. Went to ketchen to get my water bottle, stopped to do toe touches, lost my equalib,and got dizzy. i decided to take a shower in case I may need to see a Doc. It happened again in shower when I put my head down to my knees. As long as I sit here I'm ok, except I feel uneasy in my stomach, and scared to go to sleep.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

It just happened this morning at 3am. No vomiting yet just nausea. I have never had the spins except when I was younger and I drank too much.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a real bad flu almost a month ago. I don't take any meds. I am 68, and am over 230 lbs. I have a problem doing chores due to lack of energy.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
1/3/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about the new symptoms as you have described above. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns and I will follow up with you and post my questions here ASAP. I am preparing & typing the questions now and I will follow up with you as soon as I am ready with my questions.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Kindly answer to these questions, it will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) Are there any additional symptoms such as double vision, numbness or loss of sensation anywhere, facial droop, one sided weakness of the arms or legs, speech or swallowing difficulties etc?

2) The symptoms occur only in certain positions, am I right? Are there any positions where you are not having any symptoms at all?

3) Are you having any ringing sound in the ear, or hearing deficits, or fever, headache etc?

4) Overall how much are you better now?

5) Are there any already diagnosed medical health conditions such as high blood pressure, low blood pressure, diabetes, low blood sugar, thyroid, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, or any other?

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Hi, have you received the questions I have posted above? I hope you are not encountering any technical glitches to reply to me. If you require more time it is perfectly fine and I will wait here. Kindly try to reply to the above questions when you can, and I can certainly help you with your health concerns you have expressed above in the form of severe spinning sensation.

Best Regards!

5. I have not seen a doctor in years.
I need to have someone like my sister to take me to doctor.

I have received answer to the 5th question I had posted above, are you preparing answers to the other 4 questions too that are posted above?

Thanks!

Hi, I am sorry; I am not in a position to do the phone-service due to certain technical constraints. I will opt-out from this question and return this question back to the expert pool so that some other expert who is hopefully able to offer phone-service will try to assist you with your health question.

Please wait for the next expert. And please try to avoid replying to this post, otherwise this question may get locked back to me again and prevent other experts from taking up your question.

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Eye Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I see that no expert has taken your post as of this time.

Would you like to get an answer right here on these posts?

I m a double board certified US doctor. Different expert.