Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a pressure headache for a month and a half i have…

Customer Question
i have had a pressure...
i have had a pressure headache for a month and a half i have had MRI MRA ultrasound and have been checked by an ENT and eye doctor no issues found high dose steroids with gabapentin and flexeril lessen the pain to a tolerable level but it never completely goes away any suggestion what to do next?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
1/3/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi Brad, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health as you have described above. As a Neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I see you are having pressure headache for the past a month and a half and the investigations have not revealed anything to explain these headaches and also the treatments including high dose steroid, gabapentin and muscle relaxant flexeril etc are not able to make the pain go away.

It looked to me you have not yet seen a neurologist, if that is correct then please try to see a neurologist asap

You require a thorough neurological examination followed by certain additional neurological investigations such as the following;

A Spinal tap (also called as Lumbar Puncture or LP) for CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid) analysis

The CSF analysis can enormously help in these circumstances, and provide us significant insight towards the possible causes for this type of headache that does not go away like this

This fluid can show us whether there is any infection, inflammatory condition etc

Also the opening pressure of the fluid can also be checked and the pressure reading can tell us whether there is any excessive pressure build-up in the brain or any low pressure in the brain due to CSF leak anywhere – and either of these two situations related to the pressure in the brain can cause headaches that are refractory to treatments

If any of the above mentioned conditions will be diagnosed then there are specific treatments that are available and these treatments can help you in permanently getting rid of these bothersome & persistent pressure type headaches, so if not already done then please try to see a neurologist and also try to undergo a Spinal tap for CSF analysis as mentioned above asap.

Wishing you a quick & complete recovery!

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi Brad, Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss further the health concerns you have mentioned above, or any other health related concerns?

Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)