Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Both my eyes are red and irritated. I think I have pink eye.

Customer Question
Both my eyes are...

Both my eyes are red and irritated. I think I have pink eye. Is there a treatment?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

First started in left eye 2 days ago. They ooze and in sleep they stick together. Hurt all the time. Some relief with homeopathic eye drops.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 76 and have high BP.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
1/2/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sounds like conjunctivitis. You need antibiotic eye drops/ ointment like chloramphenicol or tobramycin which are prescription items . You can take antiallergic like benadryl too. Warm compresses would help. Avpid sharing face towel with others at home. Take tylenol for any pain / discomfort.

Avoid dust / Sun .

I hope it helps.

Let me know if you have any further queries

OTC decongestant eye drops such as naphazoline ophthalmic (for example, the brand-name products Bausch & Lomb Opcon-A® or Clear Eyes® Redness Reliever Eye Drops) can help get rid of the redness of bacterial conjunctivitis, but not the infection. For eradicating infection ,you will need presciption items.