Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

This is the third time since early November that I have

Customer Question
This is the third...

This is the third time since early November that I have broken out with a rash on my face and neck. The red bumps are extremely itchy and it seems to be getting worse each time. The past 2 times I have treated the rash with Benadryl and it seemed to help after a few doses however, this time it does not seem to be getting any better. In fact it has gotten worse since yesterday when I started taking the Benadryl. The rash is accompanied with swelling around my eyes. In the last 2 cases I noticed slight swelling of the under eye before the itchy bumps occurred. First slight swelling under right eye. Then the following morning slight swelling under both eyes followed by increased swelling under both eyes on day 3. This time the bumps showed up first. I had assumed it was an allergic reaction though I can not figure what from. I have never before had skin or food allergies. Please help..

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?

This instance has been 2 days with worsening quite a bit yesterday. No my eyes do not itch.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
1/1/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 1 month ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist