Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Need help from a eye doctor,I have dry eye and a left eye…

Customer Question
Need help from a...

Need help from a eye doctor,I have dry eye and a left eye that jumps ,is my eye cause from dry Dr.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Last year

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have espily and HIV plus depression

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
1/1/2018
Eye Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Is the jumping of the eye a twitching of the eyelid muscles that you are experiencing?

Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 6 months ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question for you.

If you have dry eyes then it is better to get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look. There can be different causes for dry eyes though evaporative cause is the commonest.

It is recommended to use artificial tear eye drops for supplementation. These are available over the counter such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for about a month, to both eyes.

Do remember to rate this response positively if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

Thanks for your help it was very helpful. I useing refresh eye drops now ,I been to the doctor and he told me that I had dry eyes but the jumping started a year later . Schould I go back.From Bonnalee Davis

Hello Bonnalee Davis,

Thank you for the reply.

The jumping of the left eye seems more like eyelid twitching. If it is more like twitching of the eyelids then I guess you can wait and watch as most often the twitching disappear naturally.

Hope this helps!

Have a good day and a wonderful new year 2018!

Regards

Dr.Desai

Thanks again , this was very helpful .

I an glad that you found the answer useful.

Do remember to take a few seconds to rate this answer positively as that is the only way experts get credited for their advise and time spent.

Regards

Dr.Desai