Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My friend has had a firework burn her eye lid the lid

Customer Question
My friend has had...

My friend has had a firework burn her eye lid the lid appears to be red and sore where it was effected the pain is currently 7/10 and we have her cooling the area what would be your best option to sort this out

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?

A little swollen about 40 mins

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
12/31/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Just to check here--how is her eye itself?

The eye itself looks ok just the lid where it got burnt looks red only small but very plain pointed

OK

Most likely this is a first degree burn and nothing too serious

Ice and cold for fifteen minutes every half hour will help

I'd also suggest a moisturizer like Eucerin or Aloe Vera lotion three times a day

If the redness continues beyond to more days she should have a doctor check it out

Please let me know if you need any more information