Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My right nostril started out being very sore then swelling…

Customer Question
My right nostril started...

My right nostril started out being very sore then swelling has started under my right eye

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?

This is the third the eye is not itchy cause I put allergy eyedrops in I put allergy eyedrops in it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Sinusitis and hayfever

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your symptoms are suggestive of;

Acute Rhinitis

Acute sinusitis

Acute rhinosinusitis.

Usually this is bacterial infection which causes surrounding tissue inflammation and thus swelling under the eye.

You may need to go to urgent care or emergency room for the evaluation and a course of antibiotic.

You may meanwhile do following;

Ice compresses.

Motrin

Saline nasal drops.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Happy new year 2018.