Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My mother has something like a sty inside her eyelid and she…

Customer Question
My mother has something...

My mother has something like a sty inside her eyelid and she says the eye feels inflamed. What should she do?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?

She got it last night. Her eyelid is also swollen.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She is 88. Allergic to sulfa drugs.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please attach a photo here?

Does she has any problem with vision?

Photos attached with and without the sty showing.
She wears glasses - and also has lens implants in both eyes since 2005. Before her eyesight was 20/200.
BTW, she handled a sick kitten yesterday that had eye swollen shut. The kitten died soon after.

This is a stye.

Most styes just need topical antibiotics and topical steroid eye drops. But they should not be ignored when inflamed.
I would suggest that you get her to the Urgent Care or an ER, have her eye looked at and get the necessary prescription for her.

The antibiotic eye drops and steroid preparations are not available over the counter.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please provide a prescription for the eye drops?

I'm really sorry, it is against the law here in the United States for us to give prescriptions online. Giving a prescription necessitates that a physician has seen the patient in person and established a doctor-patient relationship. It is also against the site policy to prescribe medication. You will need to go and see a doctor for a prescription.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Please do leave a 5 star rating for the service.

Best wishes.