Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Had the cataract surgery over 12 months ago in left eye all…

Customer Question
had the cataract surgery over...
had the cataract surgery over 12 months ago in left eye all was fine but all of a sudden half my left eye has no vision
mavis
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
12/30/2017
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 6 months ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

Hi

Welcome to just answer

A sudden loss of half vision in one eye can be due to -

- retinal detachment - This is the commonest cause of loss of sudden vision in eye. If half retina is detached, then half vision is compromised

- vitreous bleeding - a bleed in the vitreous (posterior part of eye, in front of retina) can present with similar symptoms

- a tumour or bleed in the brain which might be pressing on the optic nerve (nerve going from eye to brain)

I would recommend you to not wait and consult an Ophthalmologist immediately. If it is a retinal detachment, then you would need surgery as soon as possible, otherwise your vision will be severely compromised.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers