Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have floater in my eye that rotates from front to side and…

Customer Question
I have floater in...

I have floater in my eye that rotates from front to side and occasional light flashes

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Vision is fine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No Vision checked 4 months ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How long has this been going on?

4 days

I have a few floaters myself

It's from a change in density in the vitreous humor--the jelly in the eyeball

But if one suddenly pops up combined with flashes of light that needs to get checked out since you might have a vitreous detachment which is a pull on the retina and might lead to a retinal detachment

So you need to see your eye doctor as soon as possible

Please let me know if you need any more information