Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a hard bump right under my eye on the bone and it’s…

Customer Question
I have a hard...

I have a hard bump right under my eye on the bone and it’s getting bigger. I’m not sure if I should worry about it or if it’s something that will eventually go away.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

I had an eye examination about a few months ago but my vision is not out of the norm. I noticed the bump about 2 weeks ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing out of the ordinary for history.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
12/27/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

You can’t really tell by looking at my eye it’s something that I can feel. But my eye has been sore as well.

How large is the bump?

It’s about the size of a small pea.

Well I certainly don't see anything worrisome in the photo

This is likely a completely benign cyst from a sebaceous gland

Not cancer and not harmful

It might go away on it's own in time but if it's bothersome it can easily be removed under local anesthesia

Please let me know if you need any more information