Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I’m hoping someone could help me. I’ve been having headaches…

Customer Question
Hello doctors. I’m hoping...

Hello doctors. I’m hoping someone could help me. I’ve been having headaches for the past two weeks with dry eyes. I have a major, overwhelming fear of brain aneurysms, strokes, blood clots in the brain.. I’m a 28 year old female. No history/family history of neurological disorders. I went to the ER 5 months ago for headaches. My blood pressure had been elevated around that time and someone that I talked to, told me that their husband died young from an aneurysm due to undiagnosed high blood pressure. That freaked me out and I went to the Er that night. I had a CT scan and everything was normal. My blood pressure went back to normal as well. But I’m still having these fears. I’ve had pain at the top of my head and also on the sides of my head. I also have a C-pap machine. Could that be the cause? What is the likelihood of having an aneurysm? I’m paralyzed with fear. How can I tell if it’s a sinus headache? I have no drainage. So I assumed it couldn’t be sinuses. Help please.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Two weeks ago. There is a family history of high blood pressure but my doctor told me my blood pressure is not high enough for a pill. It was normal the last time they checked it. But sometimes its 130/85 or around that.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
12/25/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

C-pap is not likely to cause of it.

Aneurysm is one of the most uncommon cause of headache.

Most headaches are caused by following:

Tension-type headache

Migraine headache

Chronic daily headache

Cluster headache

Chronic daily headache is not a type of headache but frequent headaches of various kinds. Most people with chronic daily headache have migraine or tension-type headache as the underlying type of headache. Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. So probably this would be the first to be considered in the differential diagnosis of your headache also. A tension headache is a headache caused by tense muscles in the face, neck, or scalp. These headaches give a feeling of tightness around the head. The neck muscles can also become sore and tight. Tension headaches can be caused by staying in one position for a long time, such as reading, playing video games or using a computer.

Migraine headaches are the second most common type of primary headache. Cluster headaches are a rare type primary headache.

There are other causes of headache also;

1) sinus headache; with your history of nose block surgery, this can be a possibility.

2) Medication overuse headache

3) Post trauma headache; occur after injury or accident.

4) Secondary headache; brain tumor.

Usually a doctor's examination is sufficient to ascertain the cause of headache. But occasionally x-ray of the sinus and CT scan or MRI of the brain may be needed, especially if the headache is persisting for long is worsening and is accompanied by symptoms like vomiting, vision disturbances and imbalance. After the tension headaches commonest headache are migraine. Aura and vision disturbances are absent, many times in migraine.

With a CT scan being normal you should not be worried.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Eye Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Are you on any medication for your anxiety?When was the last time you met with your respiratory doctor for a check up?C=PAP machines may need pressure and volume alterations over a period of time.Elevated pressures from a C-PAP machine will also cause headache.If you have any anxiolytic drugs like clonazepam/Lorazepam ,please use them after discussing the matter with your PCP/Doctor.Use of NSAIDs like ibubrufen or tylenol may resolve the headache. Use of decongestant nasal drops like Afrin may help with your sinuses,the drops should be used before you put on your C-PAP mask.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and good health,and an early recovery.