Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My son blew his nose and now his right eye is swollen and he…

Customer Question
My son blew his...

My son blew his nose and now his right eye is swollen and he can feel pressure in it. It is starting to turn red. He is also a

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?

Intried to look it up all sorts of things come up it just happened It's pressure in the eye it happened right after he blew his nose

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has crohns

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
12/24/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old is he?

he could have a bad sinus infection or sinus congestion cause this eye pressure

he should use some over the counter cold medications, sudafed and benadryl to help his sinus congestion

he can also use a cool compresses on his closed eye

a cold pack wrapped in a towel which can help decrease swelling and discomfort

he can take some tylenol as well.

He is actually 20
He suffers from Crohn’s and I immediately think it’s that pressure in the eye he can get from that.
He had no symptoms of sinus or allergies before he blew nose. He can only take Tylenol nothing else due to Crohn’s.
I just needed to know if he needed to be seen or head to Emerg room. I’m not an over reacting parent just read what it Coyne be and I don’t play with pressure in eye.

I see

he should feel better.

he doesn't need to go to the ER just for pressure in his head and red eye.

it should get better.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

One star
He didn’t listen
There was no pressure in head
It was in the eye

feeling of pressure in the eye can come from pressure of the sinuses around the eye

increased pressure in the eye can be checked for by an eye doctor for glaucoma

but we really don't see increased eye pressure and glaucoma in patients who are 20 years old