Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I think I am going crazy! I feel like I have very little…

Customer Question
Hi, My name is...

Hi, My name is Lynn. I think I am going crazy! I feel like I have very little flies buzzing around my face all the time, especially my nose and eyes. When I am on my phone with the light on my face they seem to be worse. Some times they get so bad, I have to take a shower. Is this a medical problem or should I go to the insect killing dept at Walmart.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

Since September. Yes, I have a rash ring around my neck that has been there for about 2 years. It has been biopsied but didn't show anything positive. Possible Autoimune problem.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am 70 years old, female, diabetic, had a heart attack and have three stents. I also have RLS very bad and take Gabapintin 4 times a day.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Eye
12/24/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Longo, Optometrist replied 3 months ago
Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo, Optometrist
Hello Lynn. My name is*****Is your blood sugar well controlled? Any flashes associated with these “flies”?Floaters are very common and often benign. They can be quite annoying. It is when the jelly in the eye breaks down over time. The concern is when flashes are associated with them - indicating a potential concurrent retinal issue. If one’s blood sugar is not well controlled, the flies can in some cases be diabetes in the eyes. I recommend a dilated exam to be sure.
My diabetes is fine and I have seen the eye doctor and had a dilated exam last month. My problem has nothing to do with my eyes or diabetes. I am not happy with your answer.
Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo
Dr. Longo, Optometrist