Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had a laymans description pink eye or conjuctivitius, I…

Customer Question
I had a laymans...

I had a laymans description pink eye or conjuctivitius, I did't follow the instructions on the medication, the condition became anti biotic resistant and now I have it all the time, small amount of eye buggers every morning for the last year, seems to be slowly worsening slowly over time, theory deteriating the lipid layer. Has symtoms similar to dry eye, with peak irritation on wakeing, but by noon my eyes look basically normal, and hence doctors blow me off. Please don't blow me off. Condition eventually spead to my ears as well, with continuous mild to moderate ear irritation. Tired of being given the same antibiotics and hopeing for a different result. Lets tackel the eyes together:) I thing that if we cultured the eye germs and tested for effective meds we could find something

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

The ears 6 months, the eyes a year and a half. No cold or flus in many years.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
12/23/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today. I'm sorry you are having symptoms of eye and ear irritation.

To treat your eyes: Over the counter Boric Acid Eye Wash applied with an eye cup 2-3 times daily for 5 days. This will clear your eye infection.

Your ears: Purchase antifungal ear drops at any pharmacy.

From your description, you don't need antibiotics.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Eye Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 3 months ago

How are you feeling?

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor