Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have stuffy nose and tonight I used nose spray. It has…

Customer Question
I have stuffy nose...

I have stuffy nose and tonight I used nose spray. It has burned my nose and given me a terrible headache and it hurts to even breath. My nose feels like it has menthol or something in it. It has been over an hour and it still burns on the inside of my nose up to my temples and eyes hurt

Doctor's Assistant: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?

Is there anything I can do to help aleviate this pain and burning sensation in my nose

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My vision is fine, just watery eyes due to the nasal spray. I haven't used nasal spray for years but it has burned a little before but never this bad. I have been blowing my nose quite a bit the past few days and been stuffy so I don't know if my nose was already irritated and i made it worse or what. I have tried using saline for relief but it only helped a little. Nothing else that i think the doctor needs to know.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Eye
12/20/2017
Eye Doctor: DoctorAnil, Doctor replied 2 months ago
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Are you taking any other medications?

Any other medical history?

Fever?

Phlegm at the back of the throat?

A cough, sore throat?
Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist