Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain behind my eyes. I had two MRI's done over the…

Customer Question
I have pain behind...

I have pain behind my eyes. I had two MRI's done over the years and the doctor's diagnosis is "cluster headaches." I have a prescription for Eletriptan HBR 40 mg, but they only give you 4 with each prescription. This time around, I have been having 2 to 3 headaches a day for the last 2 weeks. Could it be something else?

Doctor's Assistant: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?

No. I wear glasses for reading.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've been seen by ENT's thinking that it's my sinus, but it is not active. (Sneezing, runny nose, congestion)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
12/17/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS