Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Within the last couple of days, the edges of my eyelids have…

Hi - Within the...

Hi - Within the last couple of days, the edges of my eyelids have become red painful irritation and eye discharge. Is there any over the counter medicine that I can use around my eyes that is safe?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

3 days

12/16/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please first post a photo for me on this page?

just a moment, please.

Thanks

I have sent the files.

Got them--hold on please

Ok, Thank you.

Looks like a kind of blepharitis--an infection in and around your lids

For now you could try Neosporin ointment over those areas--naturally being careful not to get in in your eyes--twice a day

But if that doesn't clear all of this up in about three more days you really should see your doctor for a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Ok, Thank you Doctor Chip! :)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)