Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a few left over oxy from an injury a few months ago.

Customer Question
I have a few...

I have a few left over oxy from an injury a few months ago. I haven't taken any in a long time. I have a drug test in the morning for a new job and tonight my back is completely locked up. I have taken OTC meds and even tried a heating bad with no relief. I am in so much pain it is making my eyes water and I can't sleep. If I take 1 tonight will I fail the test in the morning?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I don't take anything daily or have any medication allergies

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
12/12/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Unfortunately, if you take oxy tonight, you will fail the drug test in the morning. If the test was two days later then you would have passed it but using the drug tonight with a test in the morning is likely to cause a positive result. You can try using a mixture of OTC medications including ibuprofen 800 mg + Tylenol 1 g + OTC Benadryl at 50 mg which may provide relief. Application of OTC capsaicin gel on the area would also be useful.

Another way to control the pain AND pass your test in the morning would be to visit the ER or urgent care center, if they start you on opiates then you would have a valid prescription and ER visit notes to show them and in that situation even if the test comes back as positive it will not cause you any problems.

But using the oxy tonight, WILL result in a positive test result tomorrow.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.