Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

The floaters in my left eye started suddenly. At least I did…

Customer Question
The floaters in my...

The floaters in my left eye started suddenly. At least I did not notice them before. It looks like threads going from the top of my eye to the bottom of my eye and seem more noticeable in the morning.they move with my eye back and forth. I also notice some dark spots which is a new symptom in my left eye as well.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

My last check was in April. My vision is generally good. I have had floaters in my left eye that have been there a long time. The new symptoms are in my right eye, not my left.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing new.. I have been on more of a protein diet for about two weeks now. Woulld that factor in?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Eye
12/11/2017
Eye Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, how old are you? Any history of other eye problems like glaucoma or cataracts? Any other medical problems or medications you take regularly? And are you seeing any flashes of light in either eye? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist