Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Occasionally, in one eye or the other, occasionally one of…

Customer Question
Hi. Occasionally, in one...

Hi. Occasionally, in one eye or the other, occasionally one of my eyes loses vision either over the whole eye or partially. This does not happen often or to both eyes at the same time. There is no feeling associated with it. What causes this and what can be done about it?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

It has been quite a while since I had my eyes checked, my vision generally is good. I am concerned about getting my eyes checked and having my drivers licence cancelled.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I am generally in good health.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
12/9/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Does the vision go away like you are turning down a dimmer switch and then come back as if you are slowly turning the switch back on?

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.