Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

This question is for a doctor who is an expert on brain,

Customer Question
Hi,This question is for a...
Hi,This question is for a doctor who is an expert on brain, brain injury, neurology, and/or neuro-ophtopmology. But mainly its for a DOCTOR who is an expert on concussions, the brain, eyes, muscles, etc. Back in late 2015, I was rear ended on the freeway by an SUV. My head slammed heavily onto the headrest of my car. The headrest is relatively firm. Anyhow, I’ve suffered in many aspects from this accident, but the one thing that has been the worst result of this is how it affected my eyes. I DID get diagnosed from a neurologist - they say I suffered a concussion from the event, although he never did an MRI nor CAT scan. So, anyhow, after the accident, my eyes felt very TIGHT, and nearly 2 years later, they are still TIGHT. The eyes are harder to move around in my sockets, and it’s the worst at night. During night, when the eyes have stayed still for a long period of time, they get VERY STIFF, and in order to get them to move around a tad more freely, (after I awake from my sleep) I have to look around, to get them a tad more loose again – and interestingly enough, I can actually audibly HEAR the eyes sorta CRACKING, much like when you crack your knuckles. The eye doctors and neurologist I saw said that they are unsure why my eyes are acting like this. Also, for some odd reason, when my eyelids are shut and i try to move my eyes around, it feels 10x harder to do this. Anyhow, my question is this:
1. what is going on here, anatomically? Why are my eyes tight like this? Is it a muscle issue? Considering its been nearly 2 years, and I’m still suffering from this, is it possible that this is a permanent injury? Can I ever be healed from it?
2. From a legal standpoint, since this is an injury that's hard to see from an outside perspective, how can this be PROVEN that I AM indeed, suffering from these TIGHT EYES. What tests can be performed to PROVE, legally, that I have this injury?
Thanks, ***** ***** look forward to your reply.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 6 days by:
12/14/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Did you have any other injury?

What kind of car were you driving?

Tell me about the damage that your vehicle sustained.

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

1. Thats the primary injury - the tight eyes
2. Mazda 6 touring 2015, leatherette, firm headrest with a type of solid foam headrest i think
3. $900 damage to back of car but other guy had rubber bumper so the force wasnt absobed by the car but went all to me

Doesn't sound like there was much force involved in the accident......I can get $900 worth of damage backing into a trash can in my driveway...

Let me go over your questions in order:

1. I think your symptoms are not physiological in nature.

2. Once you stop thinking and worrying about this so much I believe things will rapidly improve.

3. There is nothing that can prove what you want to prove.....

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

felt like my head hit a brick wall moving at the speed of light. you don't think its possible there was nerve damaged that send singles from brain to eye muscles?
sends

No. No way.

Not from what you have posted here.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

please connect me with another doctor - i felt the advice your provided was bogus, and felt that it was rush and a bit pushy

sorry you feel that way.

I am sure another doctor will be with you soon.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD