Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had diarreah for the past 5 days. The first day was watery

Customer Question
Good morning, I had diarreah...
Good morning, I had diarreah for the past 5 days. The first day was watery and progressively got more solid. Today it is much better but my stomach is having cramps. I have a headache on my temples and in my eye that comes and goes for the past 5 days and my mouth is dry. Sometimes my eyes are blood shot and red. I don't have a fever, sore throat, swollen glands, vomiting or feeling weak. I am eating normal. I have taken antibiotics as well as buscopan and Imodium. What can be the cause of this
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: no nausea, but headache comes and goes and is mild
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
12/7/2017
Eye Doctor: DoctorAnil, Doctor replied 1 month ago
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Do you have intermittent redness of eyes?

Associated blurred vision, itching, pain, watering of eyes?

Stuffy nose?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
intermittent redness of eyes, blurred vision and pain.
No stuffy nose.
No other medical history.
What I can also tell you is that in the afternoon from about 4 pm onwards all symptoms go away and I feel fine. I also have some pain in my right ear sometimes

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds viral conjunctivitis and ear infection.

You should do cool water compresses on eyes.

Also, try OTC Zaditor eye drops 2 times a day alternately with Systane eye drops 2 times a day.

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

You should do nasal saline spray and OTC Nasonex spray.

You should try OTC CVS Hylands ear drops for ear pain.

Start a probiotic.

And take Metamucil.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Doctor,What about my diarrhea is that the cause. I was worried that this could be symptoms of HIV. I had three sexual encounters and all were protected and careful This happened about 5 weeks ago. I did speak to another doctor and they said that it is not likely and that the symptoms I have is not that of HIV. Please clarify

Thanks for the follow-up.

It's gastroenteritis which could cause diarrhea.

And I would assure you 100% that with protected sex, chances of HIV are negligible.

So you shouldn't think about HIV at all.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Doctor,What are the symptoms of HIV then. If I had viral conjunctivitis then why did my eye only start getting red from today. It wasn't red the past few days when I had diarreah and headache.

Early signs of HIV include headache. fever. tiredness. swollen lymph nodes. A sore throat, rash, muscle and joint pain.

As your immunity was low due to diarrhea so you were prone to other secondary infections also.

Hope this helps.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi doctor,My mouth is dry and as I speak to you my headache is gone. As the day progresses I get better

Thanks for the follow-up.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids and Gatorade as diarrhea could cause dehydration.

You'll be fine in next few days.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi doctor,
I am currently hydrating myself. My eye pain comes and goes. I am glad that there should be no HIV infection.
Will see how my symptoms goes

Take OTC Motrin for pain.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. Anil

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you doctor

I wish for your good health.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dear Doctor,I want to talk to you over the phone. How do I contact you

Currently phone call facility is not available for overseas.

I am so sorry.

You can continue with your follow up questions in this thread.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Doctor I am stressing here about this HIV,
I still have the headache. medication is not helping. My eyes are burning and still having stomach cramps. For HIV must it be collective symptoms together and what are the most common symptoms that are person has

I would assure you 100% that with protected sex, chances of HIV are negligible.

You are not suffering from HIV.You shouldn't think about HIV at all.

It may take a week to get back to normal.

Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration and take Buscopan as prescribed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok will do that doctor but just wanted the information of what collective symptoms are hiv. Please tell me so that I can check later on.

Fever.

Fatigue.

Swollen lymph nodes

Diarrhea.

Weight loss.

Muscle aches and joint pain

Rash

Sore throat

DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor