Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My left eye vision has a light veil over it. I can see

Customer Question
My left eye vision...

My left eye vision has a light veil over it. I can see through the veil. I had an opti-map done on my eye about a10 days ago and all they could see was small cataracts forming. The veil at that time was just on the left corner and today is across the eye.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

About ten days ago. My vision has changed slightly according to the eye doctor.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetic, 57 years old, had a TIA due to blood pressure about 5 years ago. On blood pressure medication and diabetes under control - non insulin.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
12/5/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

have you noticed any flashes of light or floaters?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

No flashes I do have a floater noticed last year
The retina is fine no detahment

Have you been examined by an ophthalmologist and/or a retina specialist.

10 days ago but the veil was in the left quarter of the eye but now today it seems to be over the whole eye.
I did a saline wash and it seems a bit better but it is still there

What question do you have for me?

What is causing the veil? Should I go to another doctor

It is impossible for me to tell you more about this veil across your vision then your current ophthalmologists have been able to do.

As such it would be a good idea to get another opinion.

I'd suggest going to a University Teaching Hospital and consult with a professor of Ophthalmology.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS