Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had a really sharp pain on the right side of my head next…

Customer Question
I had a really...

I had a really sharp pain on the right side of my head next to my eye last night. A really bad headache and lasted for about 45 mins. I was fine after that and then this morning I came to work and the headache started again. Its been going in and out since 8 am. I took two painkillers about a 20 min ago but it still a small pain. not as intense but I feel pressure on right side of head next to my eye.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Last night was the first time I every got a headache like that. I am not prone to headaches. I do feel nauseas but I don't have to throw up. Just a queasy feeling.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am anemic, but it is regulated. I saw my period twice in November. The second one ending on Friday, not sure if that could be a factor. I took a iron pill this morning, just to be safe.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
12/5/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How old are you?

M/F?

Does it hurt to comb your hair?

Does it hurt to touch/rub your temple area?

Have you recently lost weight?
Is your vision affected?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

How old are you? 35M/F? FDoes it hurt to comb your hair? NoDoes it hurt to touch/rub your temple area? NoHave you recently lost weight? No
Is your vision affected? NoDo you have any other medical problems or take any medications? Anemic

Thank you for that additional information.

While your answers do no make me think you have temporal arteritis if the headache is still going on it probably would be a good idea to see if your primary care MD can see you this afternoon or, possibly, go to a walk in clinic.

Does this rise to the level of needing an emergency room visit? You are the best judge of that...but it never hurts to err on the side of caution and be evaluated.

Now. Don't talk to The Evil Dr. Google as she will have you convinced that you will be dead by morning....and I very,very much doubt that is gonna happen ;)

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS