Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having some problems with my eye, rapid

Hi, I have been...

Hi, I have been having some problems with my eye, rapid movements, blurred vision, etc., and was wondering if it was a sign of Pseudo tumor cerebri returning (i had it in the past) and if not, what could it be?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Amplified musculoskeletal pain syndrome

Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Pseudotumor does not normally cause rapid eye movements.

I can, however, cause blurry vision.

So. What should you do?

I'd suggest you see your ophthalmologist for a dilated eye exam to evaluate your optic nerves etc for any evidence of recurrence to be on the safe side...

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
it does make sense. I was wondering what is causing the rapid eye movements though. also i won't be able to see my doctor for the pseudo tumor for months, it's very hard to get an appointment with him.
Thank you.
Also does rating stop the chat? (I'm going to assume no if this message goes through)

No. I'm still here :)

I have surgery in the morning and was just going over the case charts....

You can see any general ophthalmologist and she will be able to evaluate you for recurrence of your pseudotumor and also evaluate and workup your rapid eye movements

okay thank you, ***** ***** in surgery tomorrow :)

Thanks. I am actually happiest when I am in the OR ;)