Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I wake up with a headache in my right temple with pain that…

Customer Question
I wake up with...

I wake up with a headache in my right temple with pain that radiates to my right eye, ear and down through my neck. It goes away in about an 2 hours after I get out of bed. Can you tell what could possible causing this terrible pain?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Yes, but sometimes much worst than others. There has been no nausea.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

On medication for high blood pressure also taking Metformin as a pre diabetic. .

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having headache in right temple with pain that radiates to your right eye, ear and down through your neck can be due to cluster headache.The pain is located behind one eye or in the eye region, without changing sides. Its true cause is unknown.

Another possibility can be of migraine or a tension headache.Primary headache accounts for about 90% of all headaches.

Tension headache is the most common type of headache.

Your doctor may prescribe preventive therapy such as antidepressants, beta-blockers, or anticonvulsants(like gabapentin).

As of now you can take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Also keep a watch over your blood pressure.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I am still waiting for your reply.

If you have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh