Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I believe I have a concussion. I'm not sure what to do. I'm…

Customer Question
I believe I have...

I believe I have a concussion. I'm not sure what to do. I'm prone to getting them. A volleyball at a very high speed hit me in the head tonight in the eye/temple. I was also drinking. Despite the alcohol, my head still really, really hurts.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Less than six months ago. In general it's been fine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The last concussion I received was really bad. I stopped breathing in the ambulance. I'm also on a lot of medications for hereditary spastic paraplegia.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
12/2/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

You need to go to hospital as a repeat concussion and heal impacts with significant headache need a CT scan or MRI for the evaluation.

Your medications and alcohol can modify the symptoms; and severity may not be assessed.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl