Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My wife had an auto accident a couple of years ago and has…

Customer Question
My wife had an...

My wife had an auto accident a couple of years ago and has developed glaucoma now after having no symptoms or diagnosis prior. The collision occurred at an intersection when the other vehicle ran a red light, and both vehicles were totalled. She was struck in the head with an airbag which broke her glasses. Nothing was noted at the ER. She has had laser surgery on her right eye, which was the only eye affected. Is this something that we can get an expert opinion on as to the cause of her vision problems. I have read that such collisions can bring about traumatic glaucoma but the opthalmologist had her get an MRI and cannot say that the collision caused her eye problem.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

The accident occurred in October 2014 and she had the symptoms occurred and she saw the eye doctor in April 2016.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She has had a back surgery and gastric bypass but nothing related to her eyes.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

What kind of laser surgery did she have on her eye?

Do you know what her gonioscopy results were?

What was/is her eye pressure?

are both eyes affected?

What eye drops is she using now?

Does your wife have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist