Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Right eye lost half vision, huge blind area for 2-3 weeks.

Customer Question
Right eye lost half...

Right eye lost half vision, huge blind area for 2-3 weeks. It came back with clear swirling in periphery of right eye right side and lastly with slightly decreases acuity from 20/50 to 20/70.Then left eye got a grey, blurry spot in lower left eye It comes and goes. Severe migrain at times, sometimes with aura.Doctors at Baylor are all over the place with diagnosis and are now angiograming me. Can migrain cause this?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?

Since July 14. Never had migraines until then.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

They found lesions on brain not on spine and slight BPPV. MS says not that now suspecting Susacs but not sure there either. Perfectly healthy prior. Another doctor suspects migraine. Could this be from NOW chronic migraines that I get. I have been given ONE contact for the 20/70 eye since the other is 20/20 still. Could migraines be initiated by this?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
11/29/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

I very much doubt this is from a migraine. Migraines do not act like this.

That being said, you are in excellent hands and I am sure the ophthalmologists at Baylor will figure out what is going on very soon.

Does make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

.