Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Rick We’ve spoken many a time. I had photocoagulation

Customer Question
Hi Dr Rick We’ve spoken many...
Hi Dr Rick
We’ve spoken many a time. I had photocoagulation surgery back in March for partial detachment of retina. I just checked my chart and they had down vitreous syneresis. What does that mean? Does that mean I’m going through PVD?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
11/29/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Yes. That is just a fancy name for a PVD.

Almost everyone on the planet will have a PVD if they live long enough...

Nothing to worry about at this point, especially since you had a good exam by a retina doc.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Does PVD lead to detachment? Can I Crossfit during PVD? Does syneresis go away in time?

Yes, it can on occasion.

yes

no. It just sinks out of the way.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Ok, so then your risk is increased but its not like your at high risk then, if I’m understanding correctly with respect to detachments
Thank you

That is correct.

Please give our conversation a rating-- a positive one is best ;)