Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia, I have had…

Customer Question
I have been diagnosed...

I have been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia, I have had over 50 painful treatments, 4 months of acupuncture, reiki, and over 30 non opioid drugs and non of the above mentioned have. Worked. I need a pain clinic who will prescribe opioids for my condition. Do I have any hope? I live in southern mass. Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Over 15 years. Moving around makes it worse, sun, reading or using my eyes for anything at all, like watching tv, trying crafts, stress, it just goes on and on . It is intractable ca ta ble severe paib n

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No just that my neurologisy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Eye
11/28/2017
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 4 months ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

Hi

Welcome to just answer

I am sorry to know the extreme and long painful period that you are going through. I will try my best to help you.

Since you have been undergoing treatment for trigeminal neuralgia for a long time, I would like to have som emore information regarding the same -

- have you been prescribed medicines like carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, gabapentin, pregabalin, clonazepam, phenytoin, lamotrigine, and valproic acid. If yes, did you feel relief with any of them?

- with opiates, does your pain reduce? In chronic cases usually the response to opiod drug reduces.

- have you undergone any procedures balloon inflation, radiofrequency ablation, glycerol injection etc at the site of the nerve?

Regards

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist