Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a condition that has prevailed for the past year, I…

Customer Question
I have a condition...

I have a condition that has prevailed for the past year, I began experiencing bites first on my body,on my kegs and hands, fingers and toes, I have sought help for this, and my doctor and my children discount this, it has gotten worse, I started loosing hair, my eye lashes were affected, I have lost wight and I am chronically depressed because, my children claim it is all in my mind, when they come, they are not bitten, so it has tto be my imagination. I am 81 years of age, and was relatively healthy before this. What can i do to get trreatment, please help.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

This happened a year ago in September, at first it was bites on my body, I went to my primary care, and she told me to watch it and let her know if it getts worse. I also called in 2 exterminators and they both said I needed to see a Doctor, because they could find no nest of bed bugs. One advised me to go to my Dermatologist right away. I did so, as soon as I could see her. by then the probklem had gotten worse, loosing my hair, and my eyebows and eye lids wer4e affected. By then, I had gone on line, and foud a site for Norwiegan mites. When I daw the Dermatologists she said I couldn't have skin mites they only occur in nursing homes, gave me a cream amd it didn't work. My children don't believe me because they have never been bitten. This is afgecting my life, I am so depressed and distrracted I can hardly get through the day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My family , as well as myself have been diagnosed with auto immune diseases. I has ulcerated collitis since age 29, and after menapause it appeared to lessen. I was on steriods all of the years I was active. I see my Doctor regularly, and have several environmental allergies, Two f my children have chrons, and tws have ulcerated colitis . I am an educated women a retired Social Worker, have had jobs where I was the administrator,have had a lot of loss in my life, but continued to be able to successfully run a mental health, and substance abuse clinic for many years.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
11/27/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these skin issues

can you upload a clear photo of your hands, fingers and toes so I can better help you?

you may have a skin condition such as psoriasis, or dermatitis or allergy

if you have bad anxiety symptoms, this can lead to you picking at your skin as well.