Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I was doing a crystal growing thing with my son a couple of…

Customer Question
Hi there, I was doing a...
Hi there,
I was doing a crystal growing thing with my son a couple of hours ago.
The chemical it uses is ammonium dihydrogen phosphate. I got some dust particles in my eye. I flushed my eye out right away, and still have been flushing it periodically since it happened. My eye is still a bit irrated and red. Is this normal? Or should I be worried.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Eye
This is taking too long you can cancel this question. I made an appointment with my eye dr in the am.
11/26/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

You did the right thing by flushing your eye.

Everything should be OK and, from what you have posted, no further treatment should be necessary.

If, however, you start to have more pain, changes in your vision or a marked increase in redness, then you should see an eye doctor.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD