Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed having shingles yesterday in your emergency…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed having...

I was diagnosed having shingles yesterday in your emergency room by Dr. Buchan. He prescribed me famciclovir and hydrocodone. The lesion I have sits on my right eye in the corner where my brow line begins on the bridge of my nose. My question is this: how do I treat this other than the medication? What kind of diet and who do I call if the lesions move more towards my eyeball? The swelling has increased significantly already and the lesion is moving towards the eye duct and it is excruciating. Can I send you a picture so you can see my concern??

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I currently do not take any medications and am allergic to Keflex

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do suffer from migraines and have been told I have bulging discs and an MRI showed hyper intensive foci.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
11/25/2017
Eye Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

There is no effective treatment other than medications.

How close is this to your eye?

It is in the corner of my right eye really close to my tear duct

What type of doctor prescribed this?

Can i send you a picture of it?

You can attach a picture here

The emergency room doctor

Sorry, thought you were going to attach a picture?

ApparentlyI am challenged. I am trying to!

OK, this is OK at this point.

You must take the prescribed medication as directed by your doctor.

You need follow up with your own doctor as this needs to be monitored.

If it gets into the eye, IV steroid in the hospital would be needed, and this is why close attention to the situation is needed.

As to diet, you can support healing with an anti inflammatory diet, which essentially means a plant based diet.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also: Hopefully this helps and I have earned a 5 rating from you today. [This has to be clicked on the rating scale on your page.] A 5 rating specifically allows me to have full credit and continue my accurate service as well as providing follow up to you as needed, and it costs you nothing more. Thanks.

Ok. The lesion is growing since yesterday so you don't thinkI should go back at this point?

I think if it gets closer and closer to the eye you should go back, and your doctor needs to see this and help you with those decisions. Right now you have room, but if it goes toward the eye, IV steroid needed.

See the premium services offer I sent.

Otherwise, let me know if you need any clarification.