Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I need to talk to eye doctor may I

Customer Question
I need to talk to eye doctor may I
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Eye
My seven year old daughter went to eye dr because she walked into a wall I thought she might need glasses the dr told me she had refractive amblyopia in her right eye and esophoria in both eyes she is also hypermetropia bilateral i was in shock as he hand me prescription for 2.75 for corrected 20/40 vision od and +1.25 os I did not know what was going on I have been up for two nights worrying that her lazy eye will not go away due her age whenever i talk to someone on internet or look something I get maybes and we'll see I just to know if her vision will go back to 20/20 corrected
11/25/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Is your daughter being treated by a pediatric ophthalmologist?

Is this the first time she has had an eye exam?

Does your daughter have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

No just ophthalmologist md it was first official exam by eye dr no other problems no meds

I would consult with a pediatric ophthalmologist to make sure that no stone is left unturned. While it is pretty late for patching, the pediatric eye MD will be able to tell you if it is worth trying at this point...

That being said it is unlikely that her vision will get to 20/20 in the amblyopic eye. Also her stereopsis (depth perception) will never be normal. The good news? This rarely causes any problems (unless she wants to be a Navy Fighter pilot....)

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Will her vision get better in lazy eye at all

It is hard to tell at this point....age 7 is very late to start treatment -- some would say too late, others would say give it a try.

That is why you should consult with the best trained doctor in this area -- and that is a pediatric ophthalmologist.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS