Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I've been having horrific pain in my forehead above my right…

Customer Question
I've been having horrific...

I've been having horrific pain in my forehead above my right eye and behind my eye. It comes and goes, have had it for two days now. Very strong pain like getting hit in the head with a hammer. Please help.

Doctor's Assistant: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?

No, vision ok.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had stroke in 2008, but am almost fully recovered.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
11/24/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Is there pain when you press on the area? Specifically in the side of the head where the temple is?
How’s your vision?
Have you noticed a rash on your forehead or scalp?
pain when I press on it. Vision ok. No rash.

There is a concern that it is tender to the touch when you press on it. When that happens we worry about something called giant cell arteritis and we would want that addressed very quickly if that's the case because the right medications can help prevent and complications.

Are you able to get in to see your doctor today?

No, I'm visiting my neice in North Carolina and I'm live in Mahomet, Illinois.

I see.

Please let me know if you have other questions about the headache.

Eye Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Dr. Mo