Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Just did a laser treatment for a retina hole. One week ago…

Customer Question
Hi just did a...

Hi just did a laser treatment for a retina hole. One week ago was the op. Now after exercise i got a flash of lightning in the affected eye. Should i go to the hospital?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Last week. That was when i had my laser treatment.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high myopia about 800 in both eyes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
11/23/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now if you got only a SINGLE flash of lightning and the problem has NOT recurred then you can wait to go to the hospital. However if the problem is persistent or is occurring repeatedly then you should go to the hospital.

A single flash of lightning is not unusual in this situation however persistent light flashes or even floaters in the vision which dont resolve within an hour of them appearing warrant immediate evaluation in the hospital.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/