Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a rash on the left side of my neck (red and itchy…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a rash on the left side of my neck (red and itchy but no blistering) for about 10 days. 2 days ago, it migrated to my face and is scatter all over. This morning I awoke, and my eye lids were swollen and itchy/red. Doc thinks it is poison ivy but it doesn't have the little clear blisters. Your help is appreciated.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

The neck rash, about 10 days. I use Marula oil on my neck and it soothes it. As for my face, I haven't tried anything until this evening. Doc prescribed Betamethasone Dipropionate and I took a dose of Benadryl.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Recently, I had dental implant uncovering when caused a lot of pain. Dentist was concerned about infection so he gave me a week of amoxicillin and then a week of clindamyacin. I was also taking 600 mg of ibuprofen with 1 Tylenol 2 to 3 times a day off and on for 3 weeks.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Eye
I am not sure and eye doc is the best practitioner. The rash began on my neck, moved to my face and now my eyelids are swollen. An internal medicine doc may be a better at assisting.
11/22/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you have a picture of this rash that I could view?

You can upload here by attaching it.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist