Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have had on going ey issues for a month, first I had an…

Customer Question
I have had on...

I have had on going ey issues for a month, first I had an eye infection in one eye, my lid was swollen, so I went to the walk in clinic and she gave me 7 days of antibiotics, and drops for a week, it felt better for one week and then bothe eye were burning and tearing and red so I went to the opthamologist and she said it was viral conjunction and to do nothing for two weeks and if it doesn’t go away to come see her, again I went back 2 weeks later and she now said I had an irritation in the lining of my eyes and she gave me antibiotic drops and a prednisone ointment at night, she said to do 3 drops a day for a week then two drops then one for three weeks... it’s been two weeks and now ther is a clear like jell in the corner of my right eye... and I can’t take it anymore, it’s the holidays and I have a wedding on Friday ... what should I do ?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No swelling now just the jell in right eye

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I just had a lot of blood work because my red blood, white blood and platelets were high, and I tested positive for the JAK2 mutation in my blood.. I have an appointment with the hematologist next Monday for the results of my tests, do you think that could be related

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 9 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

I would stop all the drops and only use cold compresses on your eyes 3x/day or more from now until the wedding on Friday.

Hopefully by then your eyes will look better.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS