Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My wife had a tetnes shot 9 days ago and it has been itching…

Customer Question
My wife had a...

My wife had a tetnes shot 9 days ago and it has been itching since. She tries hard not to scratch it but it has gotten about 4 inches in diameter and swollen. What can I do to help her.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Only a day or to for swelling. She had a fall 9 d ays ago and has a broken eye scoket.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She is 82 years old and has been in pretty good health for the last 2 years.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

It is possible that this is an area of a skin infection.

The safest thing to do is see the doctor who gave her the injection for a full exam first thing tomorrow morning. If this is not possible then a trip to the Emergency would be reasonable.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS