Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am a 33 year old physician with no significance cant past

Hello I am a 33...
Hello I am a 33 year old physician with no significance cant past medical history who over the last few hours have been experiencing a visual change. My left eye at the left lower region sees a dark/glow that is round shaped, it is fixed in size, not miving and it is visible only when I blink my eye. It is the exact same sensation you have when you stare at a bright light and you have a dark glow in a part of your vision but the unusual part of my symptoms right now is that I see this for the last few hours
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have no vision changes whatsoever when I am not blinking
11/20/2017
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Has this changed at all since you first noticed it?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Has become maybe less pronounced but it is still there

From what you have posted an ocular migraine it at the top of my differential diagnosis list.

It does not sound like a retinal detachment, bleed etc.

So. What should you do?

If this goes away by morning no need to do anything. If it gets worse, or is still there then a visit to your local Eye MD for a dilated exam would be a good idea.

So. What is the take home message?

From what you have posted I do not think this is anything to worry about.

Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I did have a diagnosis of an ocular migraine on my right eye which presented like a hemianopia but lasted 5 minutes. I never had symptoms in my left notlr it has ever lasted so long. I also had a headache today as well. I guess that puts oculr migraine on top right?

high on the top :)

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you Dr. Rick you have been very helpful!

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD