MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr
Experience:  MD since 1994
239748

I doubt you can help.. 3 opthamologists and a neuro

Customer Question

Second opinion] I doubt you can help.. 3 opthamologists and a neuro opthamaologist and a ]b optician were no help at allJA: Have you experienced any changes or blurriness in your vision? Eye pain? Are your eyes dry or bloodshot?Customer: This morning, my eyes are blurry and everything has a yellow tintJA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?Customer: No headachesJA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?Customer: A year ago, I was rushed to the hospital and they discovered PE's. I discovered I was having trouble with my vision. ;Not just trouble. I had severe tunnel vision and everything was blurry. The docs did nothing ....they said it was due to the medication I was taking. After I got home, I contacted an opthamologist and after several visits he recommen ded cataract surgery which was done.. this did not completely cure the proble as they promised
Category: Eye
Expert:  MD Doc replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to just answer

It seems that you have had very unusual symptoms and despite being evaluated by various ophthalmologists no obvious diagnosis has been reached. In cases like yours there are two possibilities - eye disease or neurological problem.

The fact that you have been evaluated by 3 ophthalmologists, I am presuming you have had your complete eye evaluation done to rule out any glaucoma, problems of optic nerve or problems in the macular area of retina. Since you have been operated for cataract also, that as a cause is also ruled out.

So, that leaves a neurological cause. I would recommend you to consult a neurologist for a detailed examination and if need investigations.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Expert:  MD Doc replied 12 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers