Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My son claims to have worms coming out of his eyes mouth,

Customer Question
My son claims to...

My son claims to have worms coming out of his eyes mouth , poop, and sores on the back of his head.this has been going on for a couple of months and we thought he was crazy because we never witnessed it happening,Now his testicles are really hurting. What should we do or where should we take him.Really Worried!

Doctor's Assistant: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?

Yes,he had a bad scratch or cut on his eyeball from dirt etc getting behind his contact lenses and it became infected .A Dr prescribed antibiotic eye drops and it appeared to heal.But the eyes getting scratched from old dried contacts happens occasionally with him from wearing them to long and sleeping with them in his eyes.He had 6 cats when this started.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes he has Hepetitus C

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Eye
11/17/2017
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 5 months ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

Welcome to just answer.

Let me answer your question in parts.

A patient can have worms coming in poop rarely, but not possible for them to come out of different parts of body. As far as his eyes are concerned, as you pointed out, the symptoms are mostly due to improper use of eye drops. This can cause scratches in eye and dryness. He needs to use lubricating eye drops like refresh tears/systane (available over the counter) to take care of the dry eyes. These drops are to be used without contact lens in the eye

As far as the sores on his body are concerned, he would need to be evaluated by a medical specialist to look for generalised or local infections and prescribe antibiotics if need be.

He might also need to be evaluated by a Psychologist to understand the cause of his belief regarding worms coming out of different body parts.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers

MD Doc
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr