Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I see through cracked glass only in the morning goes away

Customer Question
after a short while is...
I see through cracked glass only in the morning goes away after a short while is that a retnal detachment
JA: Have you experienced any changes or blurriness in your vision? Eye pain? Are your eyes dry or bloodshot?
Customer: The cracked lines are dark and random. slight degradation in near slightness
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no eye pain, I try to keep healthy ..eating right and walking everyday. I have had some headaches doctor claims tension headaches
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I have had headaches for a while I do not find any correlation to a symptoms. Also I do have migraines but not often I know when they are coming because I see floaters This is different
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Eye
11/17/2017
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 1 month ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

Welcome to just answer

The symptoms that you are describing do not indicate a retinal detachment. In a retinal detachment the loss of vision is sudden, profound and does not improve after sometime.

The possibilities in your case can be -

- floaters - there are vitreous floaters normally present in some people seen as dots, lines or web. They can shift on the side after sometime, out of line of vision

- increased intraocular pressure - if you have a rise in pressure of your eye or glaucoma, then you can have similar symptoms

- dryness of eyes - if a person has dry eyes, then on opening the eyes in morning can worsen the symptoms, which improve slowly after some time

I would recommend you to consult an Ophthalmologist for a detailed evaluation to rule out above possibilities, specially glaucoma. In the meantime, you can use lubricating eye drops like refresh tears or systane or optive (available over the counter) for dryness of eyes.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 29 days ago

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers

MD Doc
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr