Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

What is the slightest bit of prescription for someone who…

Customer Question
What is the slightest...

What is the slightest bit of prescription for someone who has normal vision my OD and OS R eye 20/30 Left 20/25? thanks

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

I broke my glasses and i have to wait until friday to call my optometrist because they r closed due to family emergency i broke my glasses and need a substitute pair but i barely have a script just to help with the computer i used for my 12 hour shift nightly job

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No i just went to the doctor last week for annual visit check up everything the same nothing has changed praise jesus

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Eye
what is the slightest prescriptions for reading glasses?
11/15/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 5 months ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to assisting you.

Your previous glasses were monofocal ( only for distance vision) or both for distance and near vision correction such as progressives?

It would help to know your age and that would give information to the previous queries. Individuals above forty would have a higher chance of wearing progressives.

If your previous glasses were given to correct distance vision alone and helped you give a best corrected vision of 20/20 in both eyes then they are most likely to be monofocals.

whichever be the scenario, it would not be possible to guess the power of your spectacles/glasses based on the visual acuity alone. It could be a small minus/plus ( concave/convex) sphere or even a cylinderical lens. So I guess it is best to wait for your optometrists to open and review with them. Ready to wear or temporary glasses would not help. I hope this helps.

I look forward to answering any other queries in this regard. If this response was up to your satisfactio then do remember to rate it positively.

Thank you and best wishes

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist