Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about my eyes.. it has gotten

Customer Question
progressively worse since the accident...
I have a question about my eyes.. it has gotten progressively worse since the accident. I was wondering if the damaged tissues from the injuries are causing health issues including my vision. For example, I heard damaged tissues generate potassium build up etc causing all sorts of nutritional imbalance in the body. I would like to know the type of blood test I can perform to find out if the imbalance that is happening in my body is effecting my vision etc.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/14/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

What are vision issues that you have been experiencing?

And how long ago was this accident and can you tell me more about?

Hi Dr. Mo, thank you for your response. both of my eyes are nearsighted.. but since the accident 2 years ago, my right eye has gotten fairly rapidly worse and my left eye became more farsighted meaning I can not see objects in focus if it is too close. I read that injured tissues anywhere in the body can create chemical imbalance in which it can effect the eyes.. Is there any blood tests I can perform to see if there is an imbalance (e.g. potassium, etc.)?
also, I had a neck injury where I seem to suffer from recurring tissue inflammation in the back of my neck..

The sort of damage you are referring to is possibly on a local level and actually quite common with extensive damage. However there isn't a blood test for that because it doesn't happen systemically but locally. There are free radicals and potassium and hormones which are released during major injury which can cause local damage.

If your injury caused damage to nerves then it's quite possible to have had the symptoms you are referring to.

While blood tests can be done, your doctor can do functional MRI studies, PET scans and nerve conduction studies which can show the damage that you are looking to demonstrate.

is it something that is going to heal or is the damage permanent? what is strange is that it is getting progressively worse.. I believe there is a damaged tissue that is causing a serious chemical imbalance that is contributing toward my eye issues. For example, the soft tissues in the back of my neck become inflamed periodically and has not healed completely. I would like to monitor these effects through monitoring my blood. Can you tell me what type of chemical components can possibly illustrate tissue damage in my system besides potassium?

It's unlikely going to improve if it has gotten worse and especially because it has already been 2 years. At the same time, it's odd for it to get worse after 2 years which isn't a normal way for an injury to present itself so long after. Have you gotten tested to make sure nothing else could be causing these symptoms?

The blood tests that you can do to look for inflammation are the following. And it's important to check them every few weeks to see if they are trending up or down:

ANA

CRP

ESR

Homocysteine

WBC

Folate

Platalets

Please let me know if I can clarify the information any further.

If you have no other questions then I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Dr. Mo

Please let me know if I can expand on any of the information I have provided.

I hope I have provided you with a 5-star service.